Tonight’s Dinner🍴: Curried Plantain, Lemon Spinach Cous Cous, & Mixed Leafy Green Salad w/ Homemade Garlic Herbed Dressing Topped w/ Pecans!!!💋
Curried Plantain Recipe 👇
• 4 medium ripe plantain
• 1/2 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper (I used a tiny piece of an Anaheim pepper because I don’t like spicy foods.)
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
• 3 TBS fresh lime/lemon juice mixture
• 1/3 cup dulse seaweed flakes or 1/2 tsp black salt (I used a mix of sea salt + kelp granules)
• 1 TBS curry powder
• 3 medium roma tomatoes (chopped small)
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Peel plantain. Slice very thinly widthwise, about 1/8 of an inch thick. Set aside in a bowl. Deseed pepper and chop finely and add to plantain bowl. Dice roma tomatoes and add to plantain. Add chopped green onion, cilantro, lemon/lime juice, curry powder, olive oil, salt and/or kelp seasoning. Fold to mix. Do not over stir, as this will cause plantain to become mushy. Enjoy.
NOTE: Make sure to use ripe plantain, which will have large black spots or be mostly black instead of dark yellow. If you use green plantain, it will cause your dish to taste chalky.
#Vegan #VeganFoodShare #Vegansofig #HealthyCravings #ILoveHealthyCravings #HealthyHabits #HealthAndWellness #Health #Fitness #Motivation #Encouragement #Inspiration #Plantains #Curry #VeganRecipes #ILoveRealFood #CousCous #Salad #Nuts #RawFood #RawFoodRecipe #RawVegan